Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

We need mouthguards when playing sport

mouthguard.PNGWalt: write a persuasive speech.


A mouthguard is a plastic device that is used in sports to prevent bad injuries to the teeth,mouth,cheeks,tongue and jaw. The Dental Association has found that one third of all dental injuries are sports connected. To support this here are 3 reasons why we need mouthguards while sports.  


Biting down on a mouthguard helps keep your jaw in place during impact and the tension from the bite that flows down to the muscles in your neck. That is why your jaw will will slam into your head, which will cause your brain to bounce around inside, and it will cause brain damage. Every year thousands of people including childrens has damage their jaw or teeth from sports events.


The cost of a mouthguard doesn’t really cost that much. It just only costs about $5-$25 which is cheap. It doesn’t take up that much time, to buy a mouthguard, but when it comes to paying a injury bill, it will take up a lot of time. Buying a mouthguard will be cheap, but paying the injury will we be over $200 dollars. So I suggest that mouthguards should also be included in school stationaries.


Everybody knows that it is important to use a mouthguard in a contact sport because one of your teeth will be knocked off and it will take a lot of money to replace it.    








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Langa
You have a nice mouthguard picture was it hard to find on the internet?

Unknown said...

Hi Langa.

Wow! I'm so surprised that all these reasons why we need mouth guard. Now I know that not only a mouth guard protects your teeth but your mouth, cheeks, tongue and jaw. When I read your story now I know why mouth guard is to important. Where did you get the idea about why we need mouth guard? Maybe, when I play rugby I should buy me a mouth guard before I play or else my jaw, cheeks, tongue, mouth get hurt and I'll have a serious issue about my teeth.

Post a Comment