Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Athletics/long jump

Walt:write a narrative.

I can hear the stretchy red floor laughing at me in my mind saying “please lose please lose” while I’m concentrating. I can hear the crowd cheering for the other competitors but not me.

Running as fast as I could wasn’t good enough because as I was running, the red floor just kept on getting longer and longer. I reached to the end of the red floor and I jumped. It was only 6.22 meters away from the other end. It was good enough for me because I was hoping for a 7ish. As the days went past, I kept trying and trying. Four years later was  the Olympics.

I wanted to compete in it and show those people what I can do. I made it through the finals in shot putt and discuss but not the other obstacles. I came back to main enemy which was long jump. I saw that the red floor was  short which was fine. I ran non stop. The crowd was silent for a moment. I jumped. !!BOOM!!, the crowd goes wild. My tears falling down on my shirt.

The day went past still thinking about the time when I came second.

The theme of this story is to face your fear.        

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Langa, its cool how you came second but I don't know why you cried? Second place is a good place so the ending was a little messed up. I came second in inter school for long jump and I was proud.

Post a Comment